Friday, February 10, 2012

A Little Light Loving by Berengaria Brown

Summary:
Cord has been attracted to Dillon for a long time. After months of casual conversation and a gradually growing friendship, he’s finally convinced Dillon to share a meal with him. But Cord is a werewolf, and Dillon despises weres. Even worse, the holiday season makes Cord’s skin itch, his head ache, and his wolf side agitated. Usually he goes on vacation at this time of year, but he wants to be with Dillon.

Their first date is a success, although it's over way too fast. Still, Cord refuses to lose hope. Can he persuade Dillon to spend a little more quality time together? Even more importantly, will Dillon be able to open his mind and heart to the wolf within?

Reviewer: RedDragonfly
After reading this blurb I thought, great another shifter that mates a human book. But by the end of the book, I found out I couldn't have been more wrong. It also made me wonder how many other people had bought this book thinking exactly that and were disappointed it wasn't.

Halfway in I was so irritated that I went looking for the blurb to make sure I had the right book. All I can say is it was lucky I came across the author's blog which to me contains the real blurb.

Excerpt from blog:
Cord’s a werewolf and the holiday season makes Cord’s skin itch, his head ache, and his wolf side agitated. Usually he goes on vacation at this time of year but he wants to be with Dillon.

Cord decides to rent a little cabin in the mountains for the holiday week and Dillon agrees to come with him. They have a few wonderful days together, then Cord asks Dillon about werewolves and Dillon reveals his abhorrence of the animals and his animal heritage. Cord’s heart is breaking that the man he loves could be so mistrustful of him. How can they have a future without trust?

After reading that I found my confusion had been lifted and I could truly enjoy Ms Brown's work. Although I throughly enjoyed it, I wish it had been longer as I didn't really believe Dillion could come to term with his wolf side so quickly but in a short read it was adequate enough.

I give this book 4 stars.

Publisher: Torquere Press
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

0 comments:

Post a Comment