Saturday, February 4, 2012

Under His Influence by Justine Elyot

Summary:
Anna Rice is avoiding a coworker's advances when she encounters enigmatic John Stone at a trendy London bar. With his impeccable suits, salt-and-pepper hair and suave demeanor, John is unlike any of the boys Anna has dated in the past: he's definitely all man. It's not long before Anna is head over heels in love, and experiencing out-of-this world erotic dreams.

Reporter Mimi Leblanc is wary of her best friend's latest romance. There's just something about John... But nothing Mimi digs up about him can deter Anna. Determined to protect Anna, Mimi continues her investigations-and what she uncovers about John is the last thing she ever imagined. But perhaps even more shocking is her own growing attraction to him...

Reviewer: Fashionta
Let me get this off my chest right away, what a horrible best friend Mimi was after the hero and heroine meet but then she had a point. I won't give away details and spoil the story but it's not for people who hates a hero who behaves improperly! This is one of the worst I've read. I didn’t like the angle the author took even when I got the full picture. If the storyline was changed and the actions of the hero happened before he was married I would have enjoyed it more.

Three and half stars, I wish the blurb was better in explaining the story. I was surprised how the story turned out and not in a good way. It was good writing but I don’t like the actions and the direction the storyline went.

Publisher: Carina Press
Review Courtesy Of: NetGalley

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I don't think this book will be for me then, it's nice to find honest reviews like this one.

I'm a new follower and found your post in a goodreads group, I'd appreciate a follow-back:
http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/
Thanks!

Post a Comment